Sunday, November 26, 2006

Ten Things I Would Never Do

Tory blogger and "A-lister" Iain Dale has launched a "Blog Meme" (Ten Things I Would Never Do) which has kindly been passed to me by Tiberius Gracchus of Westminster Wisdom (see Links). Some of the best have already been taken up: "...knowingly be sexist, racist, homophobic" (Gracchi), so long as sexism doesn't mean finding pretty girls pretty I'm on board; "accept that anyone was socialy superior to myself" (Skipper); "Have sex with a man" (Skipper), well, not knowingly, although they do say any port in a storm (that's a joke, by the way). Anyway here is my ten, rather less morally uplifting than most other lists:

10: Stop loving The Simpsons (Homer is my hero...).
9: Watch Big Brother, or I'm A Celebrity, or similar rubbish.
8: Read a "novel" by Jeffrey Archer (his Spitting Image puppet used to sit in front of a typewritter which had only 4 letters: "C", "R", "A" and "P").
7: Sell my bicycle (too much history...).
6: Become an accountant (I'd rather die).
5: Buy The Sun or allow a copy of it to cross the threshold of my house (It Shall Not Pass!!).
4: Stand up for or sing the British national anthem or show anything but contempt for the House of Windsor.
3: Cease to hate Margaret Thatcher.
2: Vote Tory.
1: Drink keg if there is a cask alternative.

One is supposed to nominate 10 other bloggers to list their 10. Most of those I would nominate have already been nominated; but of those remaining I nominate Dreadnought at View From the North; Elephunt at Impossible Promises; and Robert Jackman at Double Negative (see Links for all these).

5 Comments:

Blogger dreadnought said...

You are the 3rd person to nominate me. Does that mean I have to do 3 list? I am still stuck at number 4!

2:35 pm  
Blogger Gracchi said...

Ah Dreadnought I was one of the others- see public demand is calling upon you.

Good list politaholic-

6:32 pm  
Blogger skipper said...

I wish I'd thought of the Archer one and Big Brother too though I still find myself watching that stupid thing in the jungle for some absurd reason. But it's a good list and I guess from it you're a CAMRA member.

8:53 pm  
Anonymous Cricket Maniac said...

great blog with some real sense of humour.
blogrolling ya.

12:55 am  
Anonymous Celia said...

This article is fantastic; the information you show us is very interesting and is really good written. It’s just great!! Do you want to know something more? Read it... Glass Bongs and Bong featuring Herbal Smoke, water bongs, bongs online head shop, Marijuana Alternative,glass water bongs, Hashish, Ganja, homemade bongs, Smokeshop, cannibis, legal smoking alternatives for herbal highs and aphrodisia. http://www.headshopinternational.com

1:01 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home