Saturday, May 03, 2008

"The Jackal" Triumphs

Politaholic has not been able to post much recently: I had to go into hospital for an operation on my arm and it is my busiest time of year at work. But the triumph of Boris "The Jackal" merits some comment. I could never really quite believe the opinion polls. Surely no one would actually vote for this clown? But, yes, they have and the Tories are cock-a-hoop (this morning Boris's sister was crowing on Radio 4, apparently fresh from a champagne, oysters and caviar party). The local election results are, for Labour, truly dreadful. Gordon Brown seems completely out of his depth (who would have thought the "great clunking fist" could be so irresolute?). I suppose it could be worse: in Rome they have just elected a Nazi as Mayor (and Blair's buddy Berlusconi has proclaimed "We are the new Falange"). Politaholic is going to drink beer today; lots of it.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

London has eton/bullingdon club clown for mayor.....and the UK will have one for PM in 2010, unless I'm very much mistaken. Politics has been reduced to a 'personality' led style over content contest. That old actor (ACTOR!) Ronald Reagan started all this, not Tony Blair as far as I'm concerned (some would say JFK). And don't get me started on Bullshit Obama! Johnson, Cameron, Obama, has it really come to this? I hope I'm wrong, but....

4:14 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home