Sunday, January 31, 2010

Dangerous Manchester Bus Driver CX58EVU No. 268

Politaholic had a brush with death on Friday 29th January 2010, just before 5 p.m. Cycling along Whitworth Street in Manchester there is a left turn onto Oxford Road. It is wise, if a bus or lorry is in front, not to cycle along the inside; since there is little room to turn and a bus or lorry or large car has to cut across the cycle path to do so. So I always stay behind. On this occasion, however, I am in front. The bus behind me, eager to beat the red light, overtakes and turns left, cutting across the cycle path and very, very nearly, knocking me off my bike. Why? Why not wait until I have turned the corner then follow? Can a few seconds be so important? This bus was license number CX58EVU and it was a single-decker No. 268. It must be only a matter of time before the driver kills someone.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home